What personal information does Formulite collect?
Formulite may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- credit card information;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from Formulite’s sites, ad data, IP address, and standard weblog information;
- details of the products and services Formulite has provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your queries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or through Formulite’s websites, or indirectly through your use of Formulite’s websites or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with Formulite.
How and When Formulite Collects Your Personal Information
We may collect personal information directly from you when you:
- visit Formulite’s websites;
- participate in the Online Community;
- create an account with Formulite;
- purchase items from Formulite;
- register to receive updates or newsletters from Formulite; or
- otherwise communicate with Formulite.
You can always choose not to provide your personal information to Formulite but it may mean that we are unable to provide you with all or part of a product or service you have requested from us.
Use of Third Party Services
Formulite Collects, Holds, and Uses Your Personal Information for Limited Purposes
Formulite collects your personal information so that we can provide you with the products and services you request or access from time to time. In doing so, Formulite may use the personal information we have collected from you to provide the products and services and for purposes related to providing the products and services including:
- verifying your identity;
- administering our services;
- fulfilling purchases of Formulite products;
- notifying you of new services or changes to existing products or services;
- carrying out marketing or training relating to a product or service;
- assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the products or services;
- complying with laws and regulations in applicable jurisdictions;
- communicating with you about the Formulite’s products and services and about Formulite generally; and
- any other purposes reasonably connected to any of the foregoing.
Formulite Can Aggregate Your Non-Personally Identifiable Data
You agree that Formulite can access, aggregate and use non-personally identifiable data Formulite has collected from you and can manually de-identify personal information to create a non-personally identifiable dataset. This data will in no way identify you or any other individual.
Formulite may use this aggregated non-personally identifiable data to:
- assist us to better understand how our customers are using our products and services;
- provide our customers with further information regarding the uses and benefits of our products and services; and
- otherwise to improve Formulite’s products and services.
Formulite Takes Steps to Protect Your Personal Information
Formulite is committed to protecting the security of your personal information and we take all reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
However, the Internet is not in itself a secure environment and we cannot give an absolute assurance that your information will be secure at all times. Transmission of personal information over the Internet is at your own risk and you should only enter, or instruct the entering of, personal information into our websites within a secure environment.
We will advise you at the first reasonable opportunity upon discovering or being advised of a security breach where your personal information is lost, stolen, accessed, used, disclosed, copied, modified, or disposed of by any unauthorised persons or in any unauthorised manner.
Formulite Only Discloses Your Personal Information In Limited Circumstances
Formulite will only disclose the personal information you have provided to us to other entities if it is necessary and appropriate to facilitate the purpose for which your personal information was collected pursuant to this Policy, including the provision of our products and services. You expressly consent to the disclosure of your personal information to related bodies corporate of Formulite. Formulite may provide your personal information to third party service providers who assist Formulite in providing the products and services or to other third parties for related purposes such as credit reporting and transaction processing services, and anyone to whom Formulite’s assets or businesses are transferred, and you expressly consent to the transfer of your personal information for such purposes, in each case on a worldwide basis.
Formulite may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and Formulite to develop anonymised consumer insights so that Formulite can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience, and enhance the products and services that you receive.
Formulite will not otherwise disclose your personal information to a third party unless you have provided your express consent. However, you should be aware that Formulite may be required to disclose your personal information without your consent in order to comply with any court orders, subpoenas, or other legal process or investigation including by tax authorities, if such disclosure is required by law. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you if we are required by law to disclose your personal information.
Formulite may disclose personal information outside of Australia to third party service providers, cloud storage providers, or web hosts located in the United States.
You May Request Access to Your Personal Information
It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may request access to the information we hold about you, or request that we update or correct any personal information we hold about you, by setting out your request in writing and sending it to us at email@example.com. Upon receipt of your request, we may seek information from you to confirm you are the person to whom the personal information relates prior to processing your request.
Formulite will process your request as soon as reasonably practicable, provided we are not otherwise prevented from doing so on legal grounds. If we are unable to meet your request, we will let you know why. For example, it may be necessary for us to deny your request if it would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy or affairs of other individuals, or if it is not reasonable and practicable for us to process your request in the manner you have requested.
Formulite may utilise “cookies” or other tracking technologies on its websites. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer for record-keeping purposes. A cookie does not identify you personally or contain any other information about you but it does identify your computer.
We and some of our affiliates and third-party service providers may use a combination of “persistent cookies” (cookies that remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time) and “session ID cookies” (cookies that expire when you close your browser) on our websites to, for example, track overall site usage, and track and report on your use and interaction with ad impressions and ad services. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie so that you will have an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. However, you should note that refusing cookies may have a negative impact on the functionality and usability of our services.
You Can Opt-out of Any Email Communications
Formulite sends billing information, product information, newsletters, updates and notifications to you via email. Our emails will contain clear and obvious instructions describing how you can request that Formulite remove you from future email communications of that kind.
You Are Responsible For Transfer of Your data to Third-party Applications and Services
Formulite’s services may allow you to transfer data, including your personal information, electronically to and from third-party applications. In addition, the Online Community may be hosted by a third party service.
Formulite Has A Privacy Complaints Process
If you wish to complain about how we have handled your personal information, please provide our Privacy Officer with full details of your complaint and any supporting documentation:
- by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- by letter to The Privacy Officer, Formulite Pty Ltd, 382 Victoria Pde, East Melbourne, Vic, 3002.
Our Privacy Officer will endeavour to:
- provide an initial response to your query or complaint within 10 business days; and
- investigate and attempt to resolve your query or complaint within 30 business days or such longer period as is necessary and notified to you by our Privacy Officer.
Last updated: 15 April 2020