WHY FORMULITE VLCD MEAL REPLACEMENT SHAKES?
Benefits and convenience of Formulite Meal Replacement Shakes
- High nutrition
- 24 added vitamins and minerals
- Good source of protein
- Low carbs
- Low sugar
- Good source of fibre
- Prebiotics and probiotics
- No artificial sweeteners
- Can be used in a Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD)
- Tastes delicious
- Convenient Shake & Take one-serve bottles. Take anywhere, drink anytime
- Gluten free
There is so much goodness in Formulite Shakes
Formulite is scientifically-formulated for optimal nutrition with 24 added vitamins & minerals, a good source of protein and fibre, low-carbs, low sugar, and prebiotics and probiotics.
The nutrition panel below is for the Creamy Vanilla flavour.
Whey protein concentrate
- Large amount of BCAA (branched chain amino acids)
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Augments muscle protein synthesis
- Boosts production of glutathione (the body’s master antioxidant)
- Supports fat-burning
- Decreases appetite
- Improves immunity
- Intestinal health
- Growth factors igf1, tgf1, tgf2
- Grass-fed cows
- Helps prevent blood sugar fluctuations
- Helpful for type 2 diabetics
Whey protein isolate
- Low temperature manufactured isolate, so as not to de-nature the protein
- Cross-flow micro-filtered so that it is high in protein content, plus low in lactose and fat
- Micro-filtration equals more intact bioactive peptides
- Keeps you feeling full
- Derived from cows milk and accounts for approximately 80% of the protein within the milk
- Slow release protein source to deliver amino acids to the body for up to 12hrs
- Micellar casein differs from other caseins/caseinates as it exists in its natural form and is more readily digested and assimilated by the body
- High concentration of leucine (increases protein synthesis, stimulates fatty acid oxidation)
- Natural thickening agent helps promote a richer, creamier texture and deliciously smooth taste
- Anti-catabolic benefits and not de-natured during processing
NOTE: Micellar Casein is NOT Calcium Caseinate, which is processed very cheaply. Processing with extreme heat renders the caseinate an ultra-thermolised protein, drenched with MSG.
Fibre continues to be one of the most recognised and sought-after ingredients for digestive health.
- Increases faecal bulk
- A pre-biotic that causes favourable fermentation in the large bowel, and also results in change in bacterial populations
- Fermented by good bacteria in large intestine, which produces energy and keeps the acid base balance in the best range for the intestine to work properly. Ferments at a slower pace than soluble fibre, so less likely to experience side-effects, such as gas
- Supports the growth of good bacteria
Probiotics (lactobacillus acidophilus, bifidobacterium lactis)
- ‘Good’ or helpful bacteria to keep your gut healthy with live organisms that may prevent and treat some illnesses
- Promote a healthy digestive tract and immune system
- Essential for healthy digestion and nutrient absorption
- Improve recovery by increasing body’s absorption of antioxidants
- Improve digestive efficiency ensuring maximum amount of nutrients are absorbed
- Help to digest lactose
- Medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), consisting of medium-chain fatty acids, are particularly researched for their fast rate of oxidation by the liver.
- When ingested, MCTs go straight to the liver and broken down to be used as an energy source.
- MCTs bypass fat tissues vulnerable for fat absorption, and are utilised by the liver as a source of energy.
- Sugar substitute that comes from a plant, with zero calories (200 times sweeter than sugar)
- Used in South America for more than 1500 years
- Blood sugar lower after eating a meal with stevia vs eating a meal with sugar
- Lower insulin levels with stevia than sucrose (sugar) or aspartame (artificial sweetener)